BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Appreciation number one - Beedrill!

IRL if I saw a giant hornet with huge stingers for front arms, 
well there's not enough space here for me to describe just how 
completely horrified I would be.
Sprite from Serebii.net

Important disclaimer!!: This is entirely my opinion! If I have insulted or forsaken one of your favorite Pokemon then I apologize and invite you to tell me why I shouldn't have overlooked it! :D

The original Red and Blue versions provided very little variety (and even fewer strong Pokemon) in the beginning two towns. It was Normal Pokemon as far as the eye could see, and none had a particularly great advantage; barring, of course, your beloved Starter.

Enter the Viridian Forest, and there you would find your first bug Pokemon! While Caterpie eventually became the much cuter Butterfree, Weedle became the immensely more powerful Beedrill! 

Beedrill is lightning fast and learned Fury Attack almost right away. Before your Pokemon adventures brought you to extreme and exotic locales, Beedrill was an invaluable asset to your party of six.

Generally I never kept my Beedrill all the way to the Elite Four, but it most definitely played a vital part in my progress!

Bee (see what I did there?) sure to check back tomorrow for another favorite of mine!

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More