BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Link spectacular!

The internet is full of so many wonderful things. I put up a new post here everyday, I tweet interesting links and my thoughts, I tumbl fun pictures and blips. And yet I still come across things that I want to show to you. That I have to show to you! My overwhelming love of sharing sets in and I go, "This is too neat to take the gamble that other people have seen it on their own; they must see it".

To that end, I've been thinking that it would be fun to do a weekly link page wherein I share some of the great things I've found that didn't fit into a tweet, tumbl or blog post.

Sounds good, yes?

Yes.

::: This Spider-man/Drive mash-up by artist Nick Felvidéki. An unusual pairing, and quite wonderful! He is also selling signed prints of his work.


::: A graphic novel prequel to the story Labyrinth following the tale of how Jareth came to be the Goblin King? Count me in!


::: A multitude of high profile sites, including Reddit and possibly Wikipedia, are joining in on SOPA protesting on January 18th. The pages will be "blacked out" or essentially shutdown, presenting a very real image of what the web will look like should SOPA/PIPA pass.


::: This burst of good news showing that the widespread efforts to stop SOPA/PIPA have caused supporters of the propositions to begin "tiptoeing back". 

::: These obnoxiously great Breaking Bad Valentine's Day cards made by Beth. Be sure to go to her tumblr, they're all fantastic!

(source)

::: Mapstalgia, a tumblr that really plucks at my heartstrings for some reason. It's comprised entirely of hand-drawn-from-memory maps of video game levels, and it's all user submitted. I've been considering doing one myself of level 1-1 from Toejam & Earl.


This is a pretty short round-up, and I'll do my best to make sure future weeks don't get ragingly out of control, but for the most part these will probably be longer!

-MJ

P.S. Don't forget that I posted episode 2 of my vlog yesterday! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More