BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lots of content; limited access.

The Kindle is great for reading, but a tablet 
would be nice for more things, including reading.

When I see a new game that I feel excited about, just a little glimpse, I'm immediately putting my hopes into that game being available on a platform that I have access to. I am often times let down, as I'm sure many others are as well.

Of course, it's not entirely unheard of for a person or a family to have access to the entire spectrum. I was once in that position with a 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP. What a glorious era!

The largest hurdle here is those blasted tablets though. Especially the iPad. For the past few months I have this recurring dream that I own an iPad. Aside from the absolutely outrageous price tag (yeesh), I don't even know what I'd do with an iPad. I already have access to a desktop computer, a laptop and a touchscreen smart phone (that does almost everything my laptop does).

So why the issue?

Spelltower.


SpellTower Trailer from zach gage on Vimeo.

Part Boggle, part Tetris, with a little bit of Scrabble and Bookworm thrown in, Spelltower has me desperately wishing I owned an iPad.

Anyone out there own an iPad? Have you played it? Can I borrow it...? :D

Just as a note, this entry is not meant to be a complaint at all. I'm fairly certain that I hardly understand just how amazing a fact it is that I have such a world of technological advancements around me. Plus, I'm not experiencing any kind of shortage on electronic devices or games to play.

It just stinks when I am introduced to something that looks so fun and yet I can't play it! Guess I'll bust out some Scrabble later and get my word fix there. Or hey, anyone want to play Words with Friends with me? My username is bionicT! Hope to see some of you on the board :)

-MJ

P.S.

This is the 100th post for A Bit of Geek! *confetti*!!! Thank you everyone!

1 comments:

Your blog is quite impressive since it has a lot of useful info. I a impressed.
scrabble words finder

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More