BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Protesting SOPA on Wednesday

You may remember my post from a while back about SOPA/PIPA, and the horrible things it could/would do to the internet. If you missed it, then check it out here.

I bring this up again because the evil beast is still at large. Hearings for the bill went on in December, but have been postponed until this month (for the full rundown, check Wikipedia).

As a show of protest against SOPA, I will be joining a multitude of companies/web sites in a blackout day. Wednesday, January 18th, pages across the internet will be censored, or pretty much gone, for a full 24 hours in a demonstration of SOPA's full extent.

I don't want to see this everywhere I go online. (source)

Please help protest SOPA and PIPA by contacting your local congress people (this will help you), and by going to this page, which is full of a variety of ways to have your voices heard.

Voting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 24th. Not much time left to act.

Thank you!

-MJ

3 comments:

How will you blackout your blog? Will you limit blog readers? That is the best option I have found so far, but that will only bring up a Google sign-in page. I was hoping to at least have a message stating the reason for blog being down.

Thanks!

Hello Shaun, and thanks for your question! The blackout page will have an explanation on it as well as resources to learn more about SOPA and PIPA. You can find the code and instructions for utilizing it here: http://andrewtaylorjennings.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More