BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Movie adaptation of 'Wallflower'

I read 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' in high school at the recommendation of my best friend. I loved it greatly, it was a special sort of book. It has been between eight and ten years since I've read it, and I remember very little of it. I do remember how it made me feel though: alive, not alone.

The book is full of wonderful, relatable quotes.

A cursory glance at my bookshelf tells me that I've misplaced my copy. There are a few bookshelves in the house though, so hopefully it's just in the living room. In light of the upcoming film I'd really love to reacquaint myself with the full story.

Stills and behind the scenes photos of the filming are circulating around the web, and everything looks pretty good so far. The author, Stephen Chbosky, is a part of the writing and directing which generally bodes well for the big screen.

A still from the movie. (source)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is set to release sometime this year; I really wish I could find a set date, but IMDB only lists '2012'. I can imagine it being a late summer release, but more likely a Christmas release. It really thrills me that Emma Watson is one of the main stars, I really do like her and am anxious to see her in a role other than Hermione.

Who else is excited? :D

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More