BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Appreciation number six - Dratini!

Mysterious, whimsical, perfect little Pokemon.
Sprite from Serebii.net

Important disclaimer!!: This is entirely my opinion! If I have insulted or forsaken one of your favorite Pokemon then I apologize and invite you to tell me why I shouldn't have overlooked it! :D

What can I say about Dratini? It's one of the perfect Pokemon. The first time I saw it appear at the end of my line in the Safari Zone I was hooked (ha!). 

"What is it?!" I asked myself frantically, "Is it a snake?" I wondered. "It's so beautiful. What a perfect water Pokemon." The thoughts chased themselves around and around in my head as I frantically recast my line, fingers crossed that I would catch this marvelous creature before my steps (or Pokeballs) ran out.

At long last the shining, lithe monster was mine. I gazed eagerly at its stats, and was shocked to learn that it wasn't a water Pokemon. No no. It was a Dragon Pokemon. Celebration rose up inside of me, and I felt infinitely more triumphant in my capture.

The move set possessed by Dratini were impressive, and I received a chill every time I saw the word "dragon" in its character description. This was one of the few times where I actually put the move Agility to use, seeing as Dratini was so fast already; it made her nearly impossible to hit.

I definitely, definitely did not want to evolve her. Dragonair is gorgeous, to be sure, so I didn't mind that step so much. She's more refined, regal and fancy, but has lost her youthful charm. It was the Dragonite step that I could never manage to take. That final stage of beastly power was alluring, to be sure, but I couldn't handle the loss of my beautiful blue dragon. 

Tomorrow is the last day! Can you guess what the final Pokemon is? I saved my most favorite for last!

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More