BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Appreciation number five - Venonat!

By all accounts, this is one freaky little Pokemon. Huge, nasty bug 
eyes, tiny pincers and long antenna. Yet he has an appeal all his own.
Sprite from Serebii.net

Important disclaimer!!: This is entirely my opinion! If I have insulted or forsaken one of your favorite Pokemon then I apologize and invite you to tell me why I shouldn't have overlooked it! :D

By the time I encountered my first Venonat along route 15, I was sorely missing the Bug power that Beedrill had once offered. So I picked up this little guy and was surprised by its potential.

Venonat possesses a combination of Bug, Psychic, Poison and Grass possibilities. Considering Pokemasters can have only six Pokemon on them at a time, Venonat presents a powerful player in their arsenal. With the correct honing, the little bug can fill one of many voids in your team. I usually went with Psychic and Bug.

They seemed to have great accuracy, which came in handy when employing Poison Powder or Stun Spore. I recall the move Confusion doing a great deal of damage as well. Overall they had powerful starting stats and I believe posed too valuable an array of moves to be passed up by any trainers. 

It was never easy deciding on whether or not to allow my little Venonat to evolve into a Venomoth. Venomoth is hideous, but offered a great deal of stat boosts and moves more powerful than any Venonat could ever dream of. 

Ultimately I allowed the evolution, because I knew it was best for me and for him. It never became easy though, because I'll prefer a walking bug to a flying bug any day.

Only two days left of the 151 Appreciation Week! Be sure to come back tomorrow.

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More