BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Web slinging into my heart

This photo is six or seven years old. My love still stands though.

Comic book week (especially reading The New Avengers) has really made me remember how much I love Ultimate Spider-man. He's the only super hero that I've ever been drawn to, and during my senior year of high school a friend offered up Ultimate Spider-man for me to read. He said that it was a reboot of the original story line, but updated to be more relatable for current day. 

He lent me the Ultimate Spider-man Collection and I gobbled it right up. Lucky for me he also bought the volumes that were released, so I was able to keep up with the series for quite some time.

Eighteen/nineteen year old me loving on Spider-man.

I have since fallen out of the universe. I moved and didn't know where to go to buy comics and also couldn't remember where I had left off. I wanted to buy the Collection for myself but didn't have the money. I think it's time though.

There's a great comic shop that Andrew and I go to called Dreamworld. The employees are nice and chatty, and the first time I was in there the guy working gave me a free comic! I drift over to the Spider-man section every time and gaze at the spines. I long to be a part of the world again. It is time.

Of course, I heard about the death of Spider-man, and even saw it in the store and I almost cried. So... I have certain hesitations. Peter how could you leave Mary Jane and me?!

-MJ

4 comments:

Those are some very old pictures.

Wait, you haven't actually read the death scene? Do it. Double do it. It's good. It's painful, but it's good. Sadly, you're going to have to suffer through about 15 issues of horrific art and some of my least favorite Spidey story lines when they try to clean up after Ultimatum, but it's worth it to get to the death of Spider-Man run. You'll also need to pick up Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates, since the two are pretty important to each other.

Or just download and read this:
http://hotfile.com/dl/138995174/3de3ae6/Death_of_Spider-Man.zip.html

You're going to cry, btw.

Very, very old pictures.

One of the reasons that I haven't read it yet is because I don't want to cry! I love Ultimate Spider-man so much, I don't want him to die! Also, not looking forward to horrific art. That is the worst. I'll do it though.

I've read all of Ultimate Spider-man in print, so I'll do him justice and make sure to buy this one in print too :')

Don't blame you. Do it soon, though. It's important, probably!

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More