BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Last Guardian game creator goes freelance?

It's Wednesday! That doesn't really mean anything in particular, I'm just struggling with an opening line for this entry. So with that out of the way, I have some interesting Team Ico information for you. Let's get going!

The Last Guardian. I can't wait to get to know this face. [Source]

I hope that most of you have heard of The Last Guardian! This is the third title brought to you by Team Ico, the people responsible for such amazing games as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. They are creators of amazing games full of emotion and drive. The environments are gorgeous and immersive, the gameplay unlike anything I've ever experienced. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are truly gems for the PS2, and if you have not yet played them then I urge you to do so. If you have a PS3 then you have the very easy option of picking up the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection. You lucky duck!

Last week news started circulating around that the game creator has left Sony and is now working on the project as a freelancer. I was pretty sad and confused when I read this article. Sad because I immediately thought that meant he wasn't working on the project (seeing as I hadn't finished the article yet) and then confused once I read he was sticking around as freelance. What does that mean for his involvement? Will he have less influence since he's not a Sony employee anymore? I just have so many questions! The article states that he'll be pursuing personal projects once Guardian is finished, but why didn't he stay with Sony until the project was over? 

I'm just so excited for this game (scheduled "TBA 2012") and I don't want anything to further delay its delivery into my anxiously waiting hands.

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More