BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hellboy!

I had no idea those circles were broken horns. 
I thought they were no-use goggles. Don't judge me.

Don't you hate when someone tells you to read the "first few" volumes of a comic, and you think they mean individual issues but they actually mean the first few trade paperbacks, so you end up not reading enough of the comic story? Yeah, I hate that too. As a huge coincidence, this just happened to me!

MOVING ON

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the art. I think it's just not for me. It's not bad by any means, but it's so very dark. This goes along nicely with the subject matter, so I'm guessing it's intentional. < /joke > My experience with comic book art hovers just barely above zero, so take my opinion with a grain of salt and be sure to let me know your opinions in return!

I find the thin line art to be unusual. Every comic I've read (that I can think of) has had thicker lines. Is this specific to Hellboy, or is it a trait of Mike Mignola? Perhaps I should look into more of his work. Hellboy is also low on color range, comparatively speaking! I think I miss the bright colors of, say, Ultimate Spider-man. 

[Pretend this paragraph has something to do with characters and character development. Know that I'll be reading a lot more for tomorrow!]

The story is certainly intriguing. I read the first two volumes and I know I'll be making time to read more. The subject matter isn't in keeping with my usual foray; I'm not a fan of anything even remotely scary or freaky. I was hesitant to accept the suggestion from Andrew, but I trust him to know my limits :D

If things get too frightening I'll be sure to make a post about it.

-MJ


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More