BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WonderCon 2012 - A brief wrap up


In the silent aftermath of WonderCon 2012, I sit with my eyes closed and rehash the events of the weekend. Everything is a blur in my mind, a constant stream of cosplay, t-shirts, plushies, action figures, and comic books in numbers beyond my wildest imaginings. Row after row of artist tables; comic and traditional alike. Colorful images and smiling faces belonging to people who are more than happy to talk to everyone. Hands are flying across pages, pumping out simple sketches and autographs; iPads are everywhere to facilitate credit card purchases. The giant purple swirl of WonderCon is emblazoned on every surface and outlining the speakers at each panel. I see interviews taking place, and children hugging Adventure Time dolls while dressed as Finn and Fiona.

That is WonderCon, and still only a portion. That's just what I was able to experience in an insane and exhausting three days.

A lot of fun things happened this last weekend that I want to share with the world, and that's exactly what I'll be doing this week! Be sure to check everyday for something fun and new about my first trip to WonderCon. For now I will leave you with a smattering of photos for entertainment purposes, and also to whet your appetites for the entries to come!

::: It was difficult to not purchase these Adventure Time comics.


::: Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton at the Geek & Sundry announcement panel!


::: Chris Hardwick and his panel introducing the Nerdist YouTube channel.


::: Why yes, this is a photo of Damon Lindelof, Sir Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender.


::: A flash of exciting new projects to come during one of the Marvel panels.


::: Just Optimus Prime using an escalator. No big thing.


::: An amazing array of Venture Bros. cosplay. Love it!

::: Aaaand a creepy plushie. One of many.


So, are you excited for the rest of the week? Who else was able to attend WonderCon? I had a pretty amazing time considering it was my first time attending. I can't wait for next year! And, if I'm lucky, I'll get to go to San Diego ComicCon too. Fingers crossed!

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More