BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nintendo E3 Conference.

It'd be nice if I could have come up with a more creative or interesting title for this entry but there are just times and places where a straightforward title feels OK.

Moving on!

I'm watching a live feed of the Nintendo conference. Since stepping down as Assistant Manager at GameStop and going back to school (which I have now finished, college graduate over here!), I have obviously fallen rather far out of the loop when it comes to up-to-the-minute news for video games. I used to read magazines and gaming websites a lot more to stay knowledgeable and helpful in the store. I'd cover games that I didn't care about but I don't feel compelled to do that anymore.

Either way, watching the feed for this conference has been a lot of fun so far! I haven't felt so in the know in quite a while.

Firstly, Zelda. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, as it were. I don't know how I feel about this title. It feels bland and out of left field. It'll probably grow on me but for now I don't like it. But really the title has very little merit on gameplay or enjoyment so I'll do my best to ignore it.

The first thing that really caught my eye was reading that it has a cel shaded quality to it. I love cel shading! I loved the graphics in Wind Waker. However! These graphics were described as a good mix between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Intriguing, no? I can't wait to see gameplay footage or a trailer or SOMETHING! I need to see this graphical mash up myself.

There was no update or information on story, which is disappointing. The game won't be out until next year, which is no real surprise. I'm excited about the one to one swordplay with Wii Motion Plus. I wonder if I'll suck at it? I like that the nunchuck is used as a shield. My arm will probably get tired! Accidental exercise is the best kind.

So far the other things in the feed that have caught my eye are Goldeneye and Epic Mickey. I'm terrible at Goldeneye but I was able to have fun with it despite that fact. Jake seems pretty excited so I'm thinking we may pick it up. I hope there's co-op, I'm so terrible at shooters and I'm also a bad sport so I know I'll just get pissed at him if we play against one another.

I don't know what happened to my GameInformer that had Epic Mickey on the front but I do recall that I never actually had the chance to read about it. I wasn't all that interested at first but the more news that has trickled in the more interested I've become. I love Mickey Mouse! It has painting features! And the graphics are really nice! And last I heard it's Wii exclusive! I think it's nice that Nintendo will be getting an exclusive that's not Mario-centric. I have to defend my platform!

Whoa whoa, a new Kirby game and he's made of yarn? That sounds neat! I don't know what other information I even need! I loved Canvas Curse so much! I was so close to beating it too. I almost never finish games. I couldn't complete the second to last level. The anger just kept rising in me so I finally stopped playing. What a quitter. Hopefully this Kirby will be seen through to the end! Coming to the Wii this fall.

I suppose I'll wrap this up for now. Last year was incredibly dry in terms of games I wanted to play. I'm really excited to see so many titles that I want to play!

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More