BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, June 14, 2010

I guess this is about eReaders.


This comic really makes me laugh. I don't have a Kindle or a Nook or any other sort of eReader. I don't have anything against them and even though I love electronic devices I don't have any desire to own one. My mom, sister and grandma all love theirs. My mom has asked me if I want one and my answer is always, "Eh" accompanied by a shrug. I find it odd that I'm not at all interested in having one. I think I'd prefer to have the actual book. I like the physical objects. The same goes for music and movies. I'd rather buy the DVD and the CD. Although recently I've seemed to throw my physical CD rule out the window; I buy all of my new music off of iTunes. I am definitely an instant gratification person. I wonder if this will ever change regarding books for me?

I kind of derailed myself here.

When I first heard about the Kindle my aunt was telling my family and me about it. Apparently she knows/knew one of the people that belonged to the development team. He was explaining to her that it had real book-like features including an animated page turning visual. She retorted that real books did that too and proceeded to flip the page of a book that she had nearby.

That story still makes me giggle, especially after reading this comic and knowing how popular eReaders are.

There's no denying the convenience of so many books in one slim package. Especially for traveling! Although I really don't like the idea of my book being "off" and therefore impossible to read. I take serious issue with that. Plus I'm like my grandma, the scent of books is a real plus.

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More