BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, June 7, 2010

It's not safe to go alone.

Yesterday around 1 or so in the morning I finally got my mage to level 20. It was an exciting moment for me. And then I was told by a fellow guild member that I had to go back to my starting area, Sen'jin Village, in order to get my mount. I didn't have any flight paths back to that side of the continent! So I logged off and went to bed. I was too tired to wander my slow ass all the way back over there.

I hopped back on later in the day, after some much needed rest, and started my trek to Sen'jin. I arrived without incident and went straight for the mounts. So many colors to choose from! Here's my beauty:


60% faster movement! It has made travel much more bearable. After saddling up I decided that I would check with the Alchemist, Herbalist and Mage trainers to see if there was anything new to learn. To my intense excitement I had a lot waiting for me!


Professional! Me, a professional! What a proud moment. I can brew so many potions now.


I am simply exploding with knowledge! The only downside to all of this is that I have all these new attacks and heals and other things and I have to learn how to use them. I had my action bar laid out in a way that I was comfortable with but I had to completely rearrange it to make room for all the new and better actions. There were a few bad run-ins with enemies and me frantically hitting the number keys because I couldn't remember which pictures did what. That was fun.

So, dungeons. Don't go alone. It's not safe.

Sadly, I lack a screen shot of my first time in a dungeon so I will have to paint a mental picture.

I have two or three dungeon quests that need to be tended to and as I have raised in level they have "gone down" in difficulty visually: from red to orange to yellow to green. I thought to myself, "Oh green so they're easy now" Wrong wrong wrong! Fortunately, our hero did not parish as a result of my ignorance.

I swaggered into Ragefire Chasm feeling cocky at almost level 21. Looking into the dark red cave I spied level 14 snake things. Targeting the one closest to me I lined up my attacks: arcane fire fire arcane ice instant fire. The creature had suffered less than half of its total HP worth of damage. Apparently enemies in dungeons are stronger/more powerful than those wandering in the wild. That was an unpleasant discovery. I took down about 6 more enemies before deciding to call it quits. After each kill I had to sit and drink water and eat food to replenish myself. It was taking far too long. I've learned my lesson; Dungeons: It's not safe to go alone, take friends.

-MJ

3 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

I tried to make you a sword out of the keyboard figures. Stupid comment box keeps cutting off one end of it. I've given up. Apparently, spaces before figures don't count for shit. I can recreate it for you if you like at a time of your choosing. I'm disappointed 'cuz you can't see it now and for the time I've wasted. It went through two revisions.

You're adorable and I appreciate the effort :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More