BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pixar's Brave inspired paper sculpt!

Around April of this year I decided that I wanted to have a Brave paper sculpt to debut today for the release of the film! The idea was exciting and all, but I wasn't sure what the final piece was going to look like. I spent plenty of time searching through promotional art and screen shots, as well as trailers for the film. Ultimately, stylized art pieces from Pixar pushed me to my final direction.


I'm still fairly new to the paper sculpting scene, and this piece has been my most ambitious yet! The intricate nature of the logo, plus the multiple stacked layers, was an incredible challenge. I hope that you enjoy this piece, and I can't wait to get more work out into the world!


-MJ

6 comments:

Just. WOW!! To see it in action like that!? That was incredible, Moe!! <3 You're amazing!

And Elijah thinks you're famous because we watched a video of you on the internet. :) :) :)

Elijah: "That was really Auntie Moe?"
Me: "Yeah, it was!"
Elijah: "....Wow. That was really good. I want to see more Auntie Moe."

Aww! Little guy is making me feel like a rock star! :D

I'm glad that you liked it! It's really satisfying for me to be able to see it all again as well. It took quite a while!

Wow, Miranda! That is totally cool!

Thank you mom! I'm glad you took a look!

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More