BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Friday, June 8, 2012

No flipping the bird (upside down) - Twitter's new design.

You know those days where you're trawling the internet, just cruising around and hoping to find a cool picture of Benedict Cumberbatch in otter form, or hilarious gifs of Alison Brie, and instead you come across an article about a company being incredibly uptight? You know, like how Twitter is being about their logo redesign.


Am I in trouble now?

Every so often people bring up the fact that 'Legos' isn't a word. In fact, 'Lego' should always be capitalized, and it should never have an 's' at the end. 'Lego' is the pluralized form of 'Lego', it just depends on how someone is using it. Now, the Lego company has released statements requesting that people stop using the world 'Legos', but that's not changing anything. I doubt that Twitter will experience much success.

Protecting a brand is important, and so is making sure someone else isn't making money off of your property, so that aspect of Twitter's "do and don't" page makes sense. What about parody though, or comedic use? Or any other non-financial gain representation? An example is the image up above: Twitter doesn't have an image that handles my needs here, so I need to make one for myself.

Of course, I could be missing the point completely and all of this "don't touch our logo" information is referring only to official placement on websites, and in that case.... I regret nothing.

-MJ


P.s. - these amazing twitter logos have cropped up!

1 comments:

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you
knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Take a look at my blog :: Www.dailymotion.Com

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More