BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas! Here's a Pokemon Paper Sculpt!

Things have been really hectic around my mom's house these past few days. With last minute gift making and getting even sicker (spoiler alert: I have bronchitis), time is flying and all of a sudden it is Christmas Eve!

I want to take a minute to with everyone a happy holiday. Whatever you celebrate, whatever brings you close to your family and friends, I wish you a happy one! This time of year is my favorite because I become overcome with love and appreciation for the things that I have and the people in my life. And cookies. I make a lot of cookies this time of year. Does anyone have any great nerd crafted recipes they're willing to share?

This year I decided to combine the gift giving season with an opportunity to get more paper sculpt practice in, and I want to share one of them now. I made this for my best friend Jacki and, since she and I did a gift exchange over the weekend, I can now safely share it here:


She favors Squirtle, and Oddish will forever be my favorite. So this is really a self portrait of us.



I am particularly proud of the open Pokeball detailing!

After the other gifts have been given I plan on sharing some of the other projects I worked on. I know you're all very excited about it!

Before signing off today I want to thank you, dear readers, for reading. I deeply appreciate every page view and comment! You're one of the many things I give thanks for this time of year.

-MJ

2 comments:

Oh, dear. Bronchitis! =( It's a good thing you're with your family!

You know, I was going to point out the pokeballs of this amazing paper sculpt but then I noticed that you mentioned them within the caption of your last image. They are indeed awesome and makes the sculpt so that it knocks it out of the park - many folks wouldn't have even thought to include those open pokeballs!

And I appreciate this blog! You make geekdom that much more wonderful.

Thanks Bradley! I was super excited when the open Pokeballs occurred to me, so I'm very glad that they're a good detail point to other people as well.

And another huge 'thank you'! That really means a lot to me!

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More