BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Decorating in Style. Geek Style!

While decking the halls with a fellow gamer friend, she showed me some super cute Super Mario Bros. ornaments that she owned. They added a lot of fun to the otherwise traditional decorations in her home and on her tree, and I started thinking about what other kinds of geeky ornaments exist in the world!

(This all dovetails nicely with the Ocarina of Time note ornaments that I included in my 'gift' post from last week.)

Without having specific products in mind to search for, I had to go with a generic 'geek Christmas', or 'geek decorations' search. I bet the internet holds more treasures still, but here are the fun things that I found!

-Custom TARDIS/Doctor Who holiday stocking from geekabyebaby on Etsy


-Hand painted Creeper festive platter from sweetpeapaint on Etsy


-Digital gaming wreath from ThinkGeek


-Super Mario Bros. puffy ornament set from bowlerhatbudgie on Etsy


-Pixel snowman mug from ThePeachPoppy on Etsy


-Invincible Star tree topper from jinglebells0424 on Etsy


-Star Wars Yoda lights from ThinkGeek


There are more options still for those who prefer a diy approach to their festivities. I found a few fun Mario Nutcrackers, for instance! Do you have any geek or gaming related holiday decorations in your house?

-MJ

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More