BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Needing Things is the Curse of Fandom. And the Internet.

Right now the internet has so many amazing, tiny offerings that I couldn't pick just one to talk about. Please allow me to perk up your Monday with a little collection of things that are making me extremely happy right now.

1. This really amazing Pip Boy replica that functions nearly as well as the one actually in Fallout. Does anyone feel like getting me the Pip Boy 3000 clock that came with the super uber duper edition of Fallout 3? Anyone?


2. Even though I always have a purse on me, I don't always remember to bring my dice bag. Once these spinning dice rings are available for sale, though, I won't have that issue anymore! They come in just about every type, so theoretically I could wear one on each finger and constantly be prepared for dungeon exploration and orc battles. (P.S. It's a Kickstarter that goes until December 22nd, and $15 gets you one ring of your choice!)



3. I'm not sure why cloth maps no longer come with video games, or why books don't always have a detailed map on the front page like they used to. It's a real tragedy, though. They're interesting, pretty, and very useful to the reader/player. I'm currently reading The Song of Ice and Fire series (I'm on Feast for Crows) and I am having a truly difficult time orienting myself to each character's physical location. It turns out I'm one lucky lady, and George R. R. Martin is a standup gentleman, because he has released an official map book titled 'The Lands of Ice and Fire'. Commence the delighted squealing!

I'm including this lovely image of The Wall because Jon Snow is my favorite character.
You keep your spoilers to yourself! Image from Geekologie.

4. While I've seen this image floating around online, I've never seen a purchasable option until now. The Totoro bedroll/sleeping bag is an actual reality for me now! I can live out my childhood fantasy of sleeping on the belly of the great forest spirit! I'll roll around, he'll yawn, I'll yawn, then we'll have a long, luxurious nap together. It will be a glorious day.


5. It may seem ridiculous (and expensive) but I am loving this rocking chair that simultaneously charges an iPad. It even has speakers! I think the only people that could dislike this product are people who have never experienced the joy of a rocking chair. We had one growing up, and I loved to rock in that thing. I should really buy one. This one. In case of power outages, you know?


So what are you loving this week? Real or imaginary, it doesn't matter to me!

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More