BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A little bit on WoW, and talks with my cousin.

I really do intend on blogging about games other than WoW, it's just at the forefront of my mind right now!

I made a friend!

Today my cousin visited me from Spokane for a photo shoot. He just graduated college and will be moving  to New York and he needs professional photos for his musician's portfolio! I was happy to oblige. Plus, we haven't seen each other in years and I was totally down with hanging out with him! So he arrives late morning and walks into my bedroom and, like most other awesome people, he starts commenting on all the badass video game paraphernalia I have around.

We immediately burst into conversation about Twilight Princess, Chrono Trigger, Kirby, the virtual console, GBA games, kids that don't know what the SNES is, Pokemon and WoW. We hung out for about  8 hours and talked non-stop about video games almost the entire time. A good portion of our conversation centered around WoW. I told him I had just started playing and he got all excited, apparently he plays. I told him all about my experiences as a newbie and how much fun I've been having so far. I asked him a lot of questions that I've had pop up, y'know, new person questions, and he happily answered them all.

My first green drop!

I told him about this entire last year being completely dedicated to photography and my video game life had been shrinking and it bothered me. Now I am so happy to be up to my ears in Pokemon and trolls!

The initial beginnings for this blog, before I actually created it, started a few weeks ago while I was on the phone with my boyfriend Jake. We are fortunate to have found each other, us being the video game enthusiasts that we are. However, he is a Sony guy and I am a Nintendo girl. I respect his system of choice and he likes to poke fun at mine. I am not ashamed though, nor do I waiver! I am interested in his games even if I don't want to play them, and every so often there's a Nintendo title that will pique his interest as well.

This is what happens when someone hits you with a Mohawked! grenade.

We happened to have an amazing phone conversation one night that circulated around which video games we'd love to play together. We fantasized about a time in the future where our evenings will be filled with Mario, MGS, Prince of Persia, Zelda and more. There are games that he wants to watch me play and vice versa, as well as games that we'd like to play together.

"How neat would it be," I thought to myself, "if I made a blog dedicated to our video gaming adventures?".

I then sat on this idea for a few weeks until just yesterday. While in the throes of my new interest in WoW I decided now was as good a time as any to make a blog about all of the so called geeky things that I love. Eventually these pages will also contain thrilling accounts of our gaming adventures together. I can't wait!

Playing with Amanda!

P.S. Kelly plays Alliance and I want to play Alliance! Seeing as you can have characters on both sides on one account I'm going to make a night elf on his server and play with him! I'm pretty damn pumped. Video games AND keeping in touch. Win!

-MJ

2 comments:

HA! I like that Mohawked grenade. It's a good look for you. Mr T with boobies. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More