BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Just an idea.

So I like a lot of things, and I like to share those things via words. I used to blog all the time via Livejournal, Melo and Myspace. Now that I'm firmly planted in Facebook for an interpersonal platform I have lost my space for random musings. I could easily journal on a real piece of paper, but I like to know that my thoughts can be viewed by others. Makes me feel nice. I have another blog, http://mjphotolife.blogspot.com but that's entirely devoted to my photography endeavors. Where oh where to put the rest of my life in internet journal form?

This space right here.

Really what I want to talk about is all the so-called geeky things that I like to do. I don't mind the word geek, I think it's nice, although I do think it gets over used and misused. I'm going to attempt to use it proper! Here's what I love and what I will be applying it to: video games, web comics (and comic books to a certain extent), tabletop gaming, manga/anime and some other things that I'm probably forgetting. Does this seem sufficiently geeky? I really hope so.

This past year has been almost entirely dedicated to the pursuit of photography. I'm about to graduate and I've had my nose to the proverbial grindstone, chipping away at the endless amount of photography information that there is to know. I have had essentially zero time for video games or any of my other beloved hobbies. This makes me sad sad sad. Really the only part I've been able to keep up on is my super heated love for Penny Arcade. Three days a week they have amused me, consistently and without fail, for the past six and a half years.

This space will be my dumping zone for talk of video games that I'm playing, video games I want to be playing, how much I miss D&D and warhammer 40k, penny arcade, PAX, new nerd music (I hope!) and possibly anime/manga at some point.

So read along, if you please! I hope to do something along the lines of "entertain". I'd like to post pictures and screen shots if possible. I'll see what I can do.

Onward!

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More