BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Final Fantasy 8 Diary - Entry 3

Dear Diary,



Today is the day of my big SeeD exam. I headed to my dorm to get changed, and then ran up and down the stairs at the entrance to the academy to work out some nerves. I tried to play cards with a girl near the directory, but she was out of my league and took my Ifrit card. I begged her to give it back since I’m so inexperienced (and she did, which was nice of her!). Afterwards I found that punk kid running around again. We drew five times in a row before I got bored and decided it was time to actually leave for my exam. I ended up being paired with Zell “Hot Dog” Dench. You’ve got to be some kind of guy to actually say “booya”. I didn’t have much time to spend on being amused over his disposition though, because Seifer showed up with his stupid entourage.



After we piled into the car to head to Balamb, things just got awkward. Quistis wouldn’t stop finishing my sentences, and Seifer was a continual dick who kept picking on Zell. And then, the driver nearly drove into the ocean! I don’t know what that was all about. Maybe she’s new. Once we arrived we were given instructions to cover the city center of an island that’s under attack by Galbadia. The enemy soldiers were pretty weak. I didn’t know what to expect, so I summoned Ifrit and he didn’t even have a chance to show up before Seifer took everyone else down. Oh, and get this: Seifer said that the majority of the exam points go to whoever lands the killing blow, so we should make sure to let *him* do that. Yeah, right!



Seifer smirking ff8 
Arrogant jerk. I wouldn't let him win in a million years.



Anyway, we found the city center just fine, but it was empty except for a sad and lonely dog. After a while Seifer got too bored and macho, so he told us to follow him to some commotion at the communications tower. Zell wanted to stay behind, but I figured we should listen to the team captain, no matter how much I hate him.



Once we found the tower, Zell got a little strange and started talking about his dreams. He didn’t talk for long before Seifer cut him off though. It seemed like he was going to get a little emotional about something. I was curious about what he was going to say, but then that girl that I ran into the other day showed up! Her name is Selphie. I’m not sure what she’s doing here, because she’s part of squad A, and we are squad B. I can’t say for sure, but I think Seifer wanted to talk about his dreams, too. I definitely didn’t want to. Those are personal, you know?



We're taking a rest outside of the communications tower. I think we’re all expecting some more intense fighting in there. Hopefully I can write again soon.



xoxo

Squall



[This is part of a series of diary entries chronicling my first play through of Final Fantasy 8. I write from the perspective of Squall, but with the twist of a person putting thoughts rambling and unedited into a diary. Join me on my journey of love, loss, and intense angst.]

*header image source

2 comments:

I love this! I'm new here is this is the first blog I read because I am a huge face of Final Fantasy (I have played all but XI, XIII and XIV, but I just now started to play III, so I haven't beaten it yet). This is fantastic and I'm an so excited I got in near the beginning of your play through FFVIII. While I know some fans who didn't care of the game, I loved it. The characters are very well developed.... and that's all I'm going to say. I look forward to your next blog entry "Squall."

Hello, welcome, and thank you for commenting! I'm having a lot of fun writing these entries so it's wonderful to hear that someone else is enjoying them too :) They're going up every other Monday until the game is finished, so you'll have a lot to read after all is said and done!

It has a lot of differences compared to the other Final Fantasys that I've played (I, III, IV, VII, and IX). I like the GFs but I don't like how upgrading weapons works. But, battles are fun and the story is entrancing!

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More