BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

An Open Letter to Internet Explorer

Dear Internet Explorer,



It would be extremely easy for me to start this off with, “Please go **** yourself,” but I’m classier than that. So, allow me to restart.



Dear Internet Explorer,



You make my work life miserable. Had I known that taking a real job meant using you five days of the week, eight hours a day, I might have considered unemployment, or another retail living nightmare.



May I just say how astounded I am at your lock-up frequency? Because I am. Astounded, that is. It seems that every other time I try to open a tab, or scroll within an existing one, I’m treated to a total system freeze, complete with “this program is not responding” warnings, and the maddening, spinning blue wheel.



I also need to ask a very important question: why is it that often times when I try to close a window, instead of it closing, it becomes a tab within another window? This is a very serious situation, and one that I’m certain causes a blood pressure spike in me.



Let’s take a moment to discuss how slow and choppy you are, and how many tabs I have accidentally closed because of these issues. And while we’re at it, let’s talk about the fact that you don’t have a “reopen closed tab” option! What are you, stuck in 2004?



gmail not compatible with Internet Explorer 
This is so awkward.



And why, oh why why why don’t you have a built in spell checker? It’s like you’re some sort of horrifying beta program that never should have seen actual human interaction. What self-respecting, modern day software doesn’t have spell check? I am a professional, and because you somehow became the “industry standard” (please tell me you catch the heavy, sarcastic emphasis there), I have to use you.



Remember how I just said that I’m a professional? Yeah, it is kind of important for me to come across as one, but, as a human, I tend to err, so as hard as I try to type properly, typos are bound to slip through! But, no, you leave me hanging, Internet Explorer, completely editor-less, and open to making embarrassing mistakes such as “morgtage,” “tomorow,” and “waht” when my fingers are flying across the keyboard.



So you see, you’re a pathetic excuse for a web browser, and you honestly should be ashamed of your “features,” and the fact that you’re sharing the spotlight with legitimate programs such as Chrome and Firefox.



Yours in disgust,



MJ



*header image and preview image created from these images.

4 comments:

amen to this. People keep telling me to use internet explorer. Programs like SharePoint work better in Explorer, but I refuse. Actually, SharePoint works best for me in Chrome, so take that Explorer. It's like it doesn't even try to be a good browser. It doesn't have to because it's already the standard everywhere.

There is a reason I grew up calling it "Internet Exploder". Sorry to hear about your frustrations.

The fact that it's the standard is what makes me crazy! People/companies assume it's the best BECAUSE it's standard. Gah!!

Internet Exploder! Haha, I haven't heard that before xD Every time I login to Gmail I get that 'Hey you should upgrade' pop-up and I just go, "How can this be the industry standard?! It can't even run e-mail!"

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More