BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Final Fantasy 8 Diary - Entry 2

Dear Diary,



Today I went to the Fire Cavern to meet Ifrit. Well, I say “meet”, but really it was, “battle until he relented and then became one of my GFs.” Oh, and I got his card, too, so now I can finally win against that punk who won’t stop running around in the school. It's driving me crazy to not be able to get his Mini Mog.



On the way to the Fire Cavern I got side tracked with splashing in the surf! There is a serious Fastitocalon problem around here. I was just trying to build some sand castles and they wouldn’t leave me alone. Why shouldn't a budding SeeD have a little beach fun? Quistis reminded me that we did have somewhere important to be though, so I set off again. I ended up in Balamb and found my way into a hotel where some guy was going off about his wife. It was really uncomfortable... and then Quistis decided to tell me that I was going in the wrong direction. So that was embarrassing!



When we finally got to the Fire Cavern I nearly fell asleep during her way-too-long ramblings on Junctioning Elementals. Don’t get me wrong, it’s good information, but it’s a real snooze fest to learn about. Side information: did you know that there’s a Draw Point in there that gives 14 Fire? Jackpot!



Still waiting on the results from my time in the cave. Wish me luck!



xoxo

Squall



[This is part of a series of diary entries chronicling my first play through of Final Fantasy 8. I write from the perspective of Squall, but with the twist of a person putting thoughts rambling and unedited into a diary. Join me on my journey of love, loss, and intense angst.]

*header image source

2 comments:

I hate Junctioning with a fiery passion.

I really hated it at first, mostly because I didn't understand it. Now I'm alright with it since it creates the capacity to be quite powerful. However, I don't like that every battle HAS to use the GFs, and thus rendering the magic useless aside from Junctioning. It's an interesting system, but it's not my favorite.

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More