BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Ireland Company is Keeping the World in Coders with Free Learning Centers

For those of you who have always wanted to learn coding, but couldn't find a learning center within your price range, I have good news! An Ireland based company called CoderDojo is sweeping across the globe providing "free not-for-profit coding clubs and regular sessions" for willing people and groups.


Started in 2011 by James Whelton and Bill Liao out of Cork, Ireland, it has now expanded to the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Uganda, Australia, Germany, and many more countries. Their website has a complete list of locations so that people can find a Dojo near them! If you're interested you can even start a Dojo of your own.

The Dojos teach programming for the web, applications, games, and more. With technology being so prevalent in day to day lives, it's wonderful that they're providing free opportunities for interested young folk to dive into such a thriving and exciting medium.

I would actually love to learn programming and coding for my own website needs. There's a Dojo in LA, so perhaps I'll be joining!

Did you look at the Dojo list? If you're interested in learning, would you go? Or perhaps are you well versed in programming yourself and you want to teach others? Tell me about it!

-MJ

2 comments:

This is really awesome. While the online code teaching platforms are great, they definitely lack the interpersonal approach to learning that many find helpful.

I've tried to learn on my own a few times, and I know that I'd find greater success in a structured place with people who could help me!

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More