BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

LEAP, so I can eat cheetos and not muck up my mouse.

I don't know about you, but I just love to snack all day long. Personal favorites are Munchies and Kettle brand salt and black pepper potato chips. I love to eat these at any juncture. You know, movies, TV shows, gaming, showers, really any time of the day.

This causes problems for my delicate technology though: I hate sticky, mucky, dirty keyboards and mice. Mouses. Computer mouse. This problem has become exponentially serious since receiving my iPad. I mean, I use a stylus pen but I don't want to get that all chip-y either. What is the solution?


Leap is a motion sensing device being developed by Leap Motion. It's available for pre-order with an estimated ship date of February 2013 and it costs $69.99. The device will be compatible with Mac and PC (Linux currently being worked on) and is a motion control replacement to the traditional keyboard and mouse.

The video demonstrates many applications from drawing, gaming (side scrolling as well as first person), and 3D modeling. It looks extremely practical and pretty awesome. It also jaunts the human race one step closer to Th Future, where one simply waves a hand and information is shown a-plenty.

What do you think? Neat? Bad? Questions or concerns? I think my arm would get tired from being perpetually held up as though I possessed a gun...

-MJ

2 comments:

Love it and can't wait. 3d navigation is going to be my favourite upgraded capability.

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More