BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, August 8, 2011

D&D, classic gaming and Lord of the Rings: a brief moment of sharing.

I'm sure there are a lot of things I could talk about right now but really this entry is so I can share this video:


It's so well done, and she has a very lovely voice! This gets me even more pumped to start a D&D campaign! I think it'll be happening soon, *squeeeee*!

There's not too much space in the house for me to put up my own decorations, which is fine because I have a lot of garage space to work with, but I'm really happy that there was enough space for me to put out my video game consoles! I have boxes of them, almost all in working condition, and it is my hope to one day have a home that has a room dedicated to classic gaming. Just TVs everywhere with shelves overflowing with old systems and games.

Until that day comes though I thought it'd be really nice to have them all on display. And now, that has come true.

 There on the left you can see them going all the way down. There's a third
shelf that is obstructed by the middle shelf that houses even more consoles!
Also not pictured are my orange and gray NES zappers as well as my original
GameBoy! The right is a close up of the NES just for the sake of it.

This house plays host to a monster projector and screen, seventeen feet wide to be exact, and is absolutely amazing for movie viewing experiences. Especially in high def. Saturday night saw the conclusion of the epic trilogy of The Lord of the Rings. I missed out on Fellowship (still being in Washington and all), but I was present to watch Two Towers and Return of the King. All in special extended edition, might I add! It was truly spectacular, but Saturday night was made particularly special by the presence of one Legolas. 

 Hello.

He was a gift for my 19th birthday and has very successfully made the move down to California with me. Andrew thought it'd be brilliant to set him out for the showing on Saturday night, and he proceeded to creep everyone out as he peered down from the balcony through the night. Brilliant indeed.

Now he serves to scare the life out of me every time I walk into the bedroom because he's been in storage for so long that I'm no longer accustomed to seeing him!

Hello takes on a new meaning.

-MJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More