BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Eleven Reasons I Love the Eleventh Doctor


I know I usually do a list of ten things, but to go along with the theme, I thought I'd shake things up a bit and do eleven reasons I love the eleventh doctor. Oh, and, a friendly reminder:






Let me know in the comments below who your favorite Doctor is and a few reasons why!



1. His personality shines through immediately



One of the first moments you meet the eleventh doctor is incredibly memorable. The TARDIS has crashed in a cute little lass's backyard, and when she goes outside to take a peek, out pops the Doctor, all smiles.






"Can I have an apple?" He says to Amelia Pond, who is, of course, gawking at him.



This initial interaction between this newly-regenerated Doctor and Amelia had me smiling so hard my cheeks hurt. In this one tiny instance, you get to see what side of the Doctor he will portray (for the most part): silly, whimsical, curious, adventurous, funny, and apparently, very hungry.



2. He can be very, very frightening



So, as sweet and silly as he is, Eleven can also be terrifying. Most of the universe recognizes the Doctor as a hero, the good guy. But those who are mistaken see him as a tyrant, getting to decide what species survives and which must be sentenced to death. Who knows the real story? But I believe in the Doctor. I believe he is good and does what's right. I believe he gives second chances, always, and just wants everyone to live.






Eleven is a no-nonsense kind of fellow, however. If you see him as the enemy, and you don't take the peaceful way out, he will become so powerful, so intensely god-like, that your kneecaps will crumble to dust and you'll become a trembling pile of goo.






He will not hesitate to give references and credentials.






And he can be quite unpredictable.






3. Alternatively, he is a kind-hearted soul.



Unlike the previous Doctors, Eleven is naturally friendly. He's always dancing, saying hello, giving out hugs and kisses. He's just adorable. How could anyone not enjoy his company?






He has no trouble spreading his contagious smile around to anyone near.






He can fit right in to any crowd and makes sure everyone is having a good time.






4. He is arguably the silliest/funniest Doctor



I'm going to let these hand-picked gifs do all the talking for me here.















aaaand one more






5. He is happy to become part of a family



Just for the sake of reference, not because I want to "compare" Doctors, Nine and Ten have specifically stated that they "Don't do 'family'.". So I feel it's worth mentioning that to Eleven, family is something he's very willing to participate in. Of course we see him, Rory, and Amy forming their little trio, which will often feature River Song and even Rory's dad, Brian.






But don't forget about Craig and Stormageddon (aka Alfie).









Aww.



6. He is clever in the most innovative fashion



Who else could deter a gang of newly-upgraded Daleks with a Jammie Dodger?






And of course, let's not forget when simply switching shoes with your doppelganger can solidify the loyalty of your companion.






7. He loves his companions intensely



Every Doctor to date has loved his companions. However, Eleven really focuses on friendship. As I mentioned before, his companions are his family, but they are also his very best friends. He would do anything for them. They are incredibly special to him, and he doesn't hesitate to let them know that.







He is always happy to see them.






He is always there for them when they need him.






8. He is adorably curious



The man just can't resist a good mystery.







Especially if there's a sign telling him not to investigate.






9. He is the oldest Doctor



Because Twelve is now the "oldest" version of the Doctor, the age I'm referencing here is the amount of years that occurred with just one incarnation. And, if we're going to get technical, any version of the Doctor could be "the oldest", because from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, time is like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, stuff, as we all know. So what I mean to say is, Eleven is the longest-living version of the Doctor, making him the oldest incarnation.






He aged quite a lot while watching over the small town of Christmas.






10. He will always protect Earth and Humanity



The Doctor has always respected all species. He even says himself:






But humans seem to be his very favorite.






So whenever anyone tries to mess with Earth, he is always right there to protect us.






I'd feel much safer if I knew the Doctor would always be around.






11. He is 100% himself, no apologies



He's got his own cool style.









He's not afraid to ask for what he wants.






He's not ashamed to geek out like the rest of us.






And sometimes he's much more honest with you than you want him to be.








Don't forget to tell me who your favorite Doctor is, and throw in a few reasons why!

-Rachel




header image credit

teaser image credit



2 comments:

Even though I don't watch Dr. Who. This article was a very nice read and makes me consider watching it.

Oh my gosh, I thought for sure you were a Whovian! Well thank you for that kind comment:) Helping create new Whovians makes me very happy. You should definitely watch it, without skipping Nine, OF COURSE. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More