BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ben Wyatt's Top Nerd Moments

Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation is one of the best on-screen nerd representations in existence. For me it's a great joy to see someone who is an absolute, total, unapologetic geek who ALSO has people skills and a stable relationship (and personal hygiene). It's good to break the stereotype and show that being a nerd doesn't make you an outcast (a common misconception and trope in TV and movies), and that nerds are, in fact, very happy to be able to express their emphatic love. The show runners wrote being nerdy in such a positive way!



So, without further ado, I want to share the best of Ben Wyatt's nerdy outbursts. I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that really made an impression!



Season 4 Episode 4 - Batman







Season 4 Episode 4 - Game of Thrones







Season 5 Episode 3 - Star Trek 







Season 6 Episode 9 - The Cones of Dunshire







Season 6 Episode 10 - The Bridge from Inception



http://youtu.be/kVBTA3-Q0ZU



Season 6 Episode 14 - Iron Throne

The official Parks and Rec youtube channel has the extended deleted scene (shown below), but here's a shorter one from the actual episode.



http://youtu.be/mS_CvXj21uk



Season 6 Episode 21/22 - The Forest of Endor







It has been announced that season 7 will be the last for Parks and Recreation, which makes me pretty sad. They've had an amazing run though and seven seasons is nothing to sneeze at! I hope that it'll be chock full of deliciously dorky outbursts from Ben.



What are your favorite Ben Wyatt moments?



-MJ

2 comments:

I have such a crush on Ben Wyatt, it's not even funny. And I love that his geekiness is just part of his personality, not a defining characteristic.

Ben is the best! His geeky outbursts make me so happy. I can't even pick my favorite nerdy moment.

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More