BlogGlue

Greetings!

Here are a few of my favorite things: Nintendo, Penny Arcade, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Fallout, Dungeons and Dragons, books, dice, Professor Layton, Shadow of the Colossus, Minecraft, and so much more. I'm going to talk a lot about video games, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Final Fantasy 8 Diary - Entry 7

Dear Diary,



After a refreshing night of sleep after such an intense battle, we set off for Timber. But not before beating that kid at cards once more, just for good measure. I’ve developed a personal vendetta against him.



Once we got to the town of Balamb I was pretty pissed, because I didn't realize we'd have to pay for our own train tickets! 3000 Gil is a rip off, that's all of my pay! I guess it's my fault for getting such a weak ass rank. Zell was way too excited once we boarded the train. I do love them too, but I don't want him to know. He was so excited, but I couldn't let on that I was too.



The strangest thing happened after we went into our carriage, though. First, Selphie didn't feel well, and then she and Zell passed out. And then I passed out! I proceeded to have a dream that I was a moron. I was in the military with two friends, and I was in love with some girl named Julia. It was horrible. But I couldn't be upset about it for too long, because after we all woke up it quickly became apparent that the three of us all had a similar, if not the same, dream. That’s a bigger issue than dreaming that I’m a total idiot.



As a side note, how did Zell manage to find a pair of Jnco's in Balamb? It has been bugging me.



We finally met up with the people who hired us, and it turned out it was the girl that I danced with, and was on the train. That was a shock, but of course I didn't let on. The rest of the day was full of intense and complex train switcharooing, complete with multi step plans and heart racing brushes with Galbadian soldiers. The academy didn’t prepare me for such intense code-inputting as I had to deal with today.



ff8 train mission 
You try to concentrate while hanging off the side of a train.



After train car jumping and steeling ourselves for a heated political debate against the man responsible for ruining Timber, we were blind-sided to learn that the president we captured was actually a body double. A body double with some really strange demon inside of it. I think the worst part about today, though, was learning that Zell, Selphie, and I can't return to the academy until we help Timber achieve independence from Galbadia's rule. There is literally no telling when that will happen, so I can't go home. Thanks a lot, Cid.



xoxo

Squall



[This is part of a series of diary entries chronicling my first play through of Final Fantasy 8. I write from the perspective of Squall, but with the twist of a person putting thoughts rambling and unedited into a diary. Join me on my journey of love, loss, and intense angst. first post here!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More